Wedge-It…the Ultimate Portable Temporary Doorstop
In Black and Green
The Wedge-It is the world’s most versatile doorstop that holds Doors open 3 ways.
- It’s an easy to use,
- light weight,
- and a great temporary doorstop.
The Wedge-It is a compact door stop that was designed by Emergency Service Personnel to hold doors open to a 90 degree angle. The Wedge-It can be placed in any of 3-different locations (top, middle or bottom) of a door.
Made in the U.S.A from 100% recycled plastic. It has been adopted by many trades, professions, disciplines and crafts because of its convenience and ease of use.
The Wedge-It can be used three different ways to hold a door open at a 90 degree angle: On top of the door, over the Hinge Pin, or on the floor.
Weighing less than 90 grams and small enough to fit in your pocket, the Wedge-It is the ultimate portable and durable doorstop.
A trusted doorstop of Emergency, Fire Services and Hotels around the world.
- Eliminates the use of rolled up newspapers, flower pots, doormats or other objects to hold doors open.
- Ribbed construction for maximum strength while weighing less than 90 grams.
- Extremely durable Polycarbonate plastic construction, the same as bullet proof glass.
- Small enough to fit in a pocket, strong enough to hold open the largest of doors and portable enough to hang on a uniform or trauma kit.
- Designed with a hole to assist with carrying and storage.
- Brightly coloured for easy visibility to prevent attempts at closing the door while in use.
- Over-moulded with Thermal Plastic Rubber pads to prevent sliding when placed on top of door or on the floor with a smooth surfaces.
- Notched to fit over top of hinge pin.
- Made in the U.S.A from 100% recycled Polycarbonate plastic.
Improvements to the Wedge-It
The Wedge-It has been redesigned to incorporate a few improvements.
- Rubber is now moulded on to the Polycarbonate plastic body so it will never come off.
- The strategically placed hole is now larger which makes it easier for the attachment to safety coats, vests, belt loops, trauma kits, tool boxes and countless other individual applications.
- There are now two rubber pads where the Wedge-It comes in contact with the back of the door and doorjamb when placed over the hinge. This will prevent any chipped paint or indentations on wooden doors and jambs.
How it Works
The Wedge-It is designed to hold an interior or exterior door open to a 90 degree angle. It can be placed in any of 3 locations on a door:
Top of the door
Over the hinge
Bottom of the door
Locations on the Door:
1. On top of the door
2. Over the hinge pin
3. On the floor
Top of the Door
With door open to a 90 degree angle place the Wedge-It on top of the door between door and door jamb.
The Wedge-It is designed with 4 different settings to fit between the top of the door and the door jamb (see below). This is because that distance varies between doors.
Over the Hinge Pin
With door open to a 90 degree angle place the Wedge-It over hinge between the door and the door jamb.
On The Floor
The Wedge-It can be used rubber pad side down on the floor like a traditional wooden or rubber door stop.
Bottom of Doors with Larger Gap
If the gap at the bottom of the door is greater than 2 inches, placement of the Wedge-It in a vertical position could / would hold the door open.
*Placement and success of the Wedge-It doorstop is dependent upon the door.
Holding a Door Open at any Angle
One Wedge-It can be placed at the end of the door or 2 Wedge-Its can be placed on either side of the door to keep it open at varying angles.
*This placement and success of the Wedge-It is dependent upon the door.
*Caution: DO NOT attempt to close the door with the Wedge-It placed on top of door or over the hinge, this could cause damage to the door or Wedge-It. No problems will occur when the Wedge-It is placed on the floor.