NEANN Vacuum Splints
– Leg Splint
Rated as the best available, and using the latest advancement in vacuum splint technologies, the Neann’s Vacuum Splints features a unique chambered design and velcro closure. Made of heavy duty extremely durable Silik Elastomer™ material, these splints will last for years.
Improvements of Silik Elastomer™ Include:
- 10-15 times more expansive,
- Significantly improved abrasion, puncture and tear resistance and
- 100% airtight in comparison to the slow leaking PVC materials.
- Material – Reinforced double coated Silik Elastomer™
- Length = 108 cm
- Width = 59 cm
- Thickness = 2 cm
- Weight = 1.1 kg
The internal beads are of a newly developed material, offering significant improvements over the standard Styrofoam used in other Vacuum Mattresses including:
- Higher density material preventing collapsing of beads and
- Significantly improved X-ray translucency.
The vacuum splint makes it possible to immobilise a specific part of the body in the position found, without pressure, and prevent further injury during transport of the patient. Each splint can be used for a number of different types of fixation, and each is designed with the assistant of Medtech’s unique inner bag system.
Splints come in both arm and leg sizes with and without carry bags.
Before use, persons using the NEANN Vacuum Splints must undertake a proper training program.